Friday, January 1, 2016

cheeseburger pie/casserole and First Friday - 5 things

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
2016
January 1st
Good Gravy Day! It is the first day of January 2016! It is hard to believe that another year has passed by. So much happened in 2015 it is mind boggling.
This will be my 4th year blogging. My second year as a full time student. I will have another grandbaby this year and will be the adopted grandma to another new bundle. But it is only January so there is plenty of time to add more! NOT that I'm hinting.
In case you are wondering where my "group post is...
So you know that each Friday I am part of a "group" post. Either, Secret Subject Swap, Use Your Words, Fly On the Wall or Funny Friday. So when a month pops up that has 5 Fridays I do a "5 things" post. I could do 5 pet peeves, but we all know there are more than 5. I could write about 5 blessings of this year, that is a long list as well. Maybe 5 things I've learned about blogging but honestly that's boring. How about 5 things I learned about myself in 2015?
That's it!!
5 things I learned about myself in 2015

1. I CAN stand on my own two feet AND survive.
2. I CAN return to college after 30+ years of being out of school AND do very well.
3. I CAN love and trust a man again 
4. I still LOVE to cook but enjoy it when someone else does it.
5. I like myself. The real me. Not some put on a fake smile person, but the relaxed, have a good time, laugh at stupid stuff, cry at sad movies, smile at strangers, help someone in need, drive thousands of miles a week ME. YEP I like me and you know what, I'm pretty dang fun to hang out with too.
I don't have to lose weight, although it would be nice to drop several dozen more, to be happy. I don't have to wear make-up, heels and short dresses to get attention. I don't have to pretend to like you. It is okay to say NO and NOT give an explanation. Just no. It is NOT selfish to take care of me. To rest, to sleep, to eat healthy, to exercise, to have fun, to have friends, to go out, to do nothing. ALL of these things are perfectly fine. THAT is what I learned this year.
Now speaking of someone cooking for me! My honey bunny enjoys cooking. He cooks for me when he's off work or if by some freak of nature he is home before me. He loves making this cheeseburger pie and did so one night.
It was delicious and what made it even tastier was that I didn't have to cook OR clean up! PERFECT

Wade's Cheeseburger Pie
1 lb ground beef
1/2 diced onion
1/2 green bell pepper diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheese
Cook your ground beef with onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Drain off excess fat if needed. Mix your eggs, milk, Bisquick and cheese. Place the meat mixture into a casserole dish, pour the liquid on top and bake until done. 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. I love your five, but especially your last one. You are who you are and you are pretty great.
    How lucky you are to have a Honey Bunny to make Wade's Cheeseburger Pie for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great five points, Dawn!

    Happy new year! πŸΎπŸ€πŸ’•πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making this week. I love you and am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete