Friday, January 15, 2016

baked spaghetti, Use Your Words - Pearl and William continue

We love spaghetti and I've seen a lot of recipes for "baked" spaghetti but really didn't like any of them. Seems most of them have cottage cheese, which NONE of us will eat. Eww, sorry if you like it but it has a chalky taste and consistency that I just can't do. So anyway, baked spaghetti. I thought how hard can it be? It's not. It's really simple, at least it is when I do it. I made this and we ate it for two days. No complaints of leftovers but the exact opposite happened, complaints when it was gone.
1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked Al dente
1 1/3 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained if needed
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
48 oz of spaghetti sauce, either homemade or jarred
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Combine the meat, sauce and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the noodles. Save a few TBSP of sauce in put in the bottom of the 13 x 9 pan. Pour the spaghetti in, the add more sauce on top. Top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Serve with garlic bread and a nice salad. DELICIOUS!

 Hello and welcome. As you know, if you stop by regularly, once a month I participate in "Use Your Words" along with several other writing challenges. Well, since February 2014 I have been writing a continuous story about "Pearl and William" which has been met with love, kind words and appreciation by you the readers. Several months ago I introduced "Cindy and Dillion" a modern day Pearl and William. If you are new here or missed a chapter you can get up to speed by reading any or all of the chapters, links below:
      I hope you enjoy this on going saga of love, tragedy, triumph and the pursuit of happiness as much as I enjoy writing it. Thank you for stopping by and be sure to visit the other links to see what words there were given and how they used them.
     In case you are new, this is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
     At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them out, see what words they were given and how they used them. 
Your words are:
pasta ~ nickels ~ vending machine ~ driving ~ disk
They were submitted by: http://dinoheromommy.com/ 

Cindy was in the kitchen preparing dinner. She had a big pot of water boiling so she could cook the pasta. Dillion was driving in today, he had been out of town again. This new job he had selling vending machines was great except it kept him out of town a lot, which was not great. The money was nice too, more than nickels and pennies like the last job. She walked over to the computer and dropped in a disk. It held her favorite songs that always took her to the past. A gift from Dillion before he left on his last trip.

Walking over to the desk after she had dropped the pasta, she picked up Pearl's diary."Time goes by so very quickly. Our twins are growing at a speed that competes with the weeds in the field. Sarah's new babe is growing and I have not told William as of yet but feel certain I am with child. The thought excites me and I am certain that my love will be a proud Papa once again."

Looking over the field, William and Abe stood side by side. Even from this distance Pearl knew her man. He was tall, broad shouldered and his stance said he was a man in charge. She was so proud to be his wife and the mother of his children. She carried the lunch time meal with her and Sarah would follow with jugs of tea and the children in a few moments.

William turned and saw his wife, a smile crossed his lips and he tugged his hat, wiped his beard and turned back to the field. Abe caught it out the corner of his eye. He smirked, gave a chuckle and wiped his beard. William swatted at him which caused Abe to bust out laughing. William too laughed and said we must stop this. Abe said "you have been married how long now? and yet you see your wife and smile. I believe this is the greatest compliment to her, your love and marriage. I am honored to see it and be part of your lives." William just gave a "danke" and walked toward his wife.

Pearl smiled, ducked her head and kept walking. Sarah and the children were now coming to the edge of the field. Abe saw them and started walking towards them. He wanted to relieve the burden of the jugs from his precious wife and see her sweet face. He and William were blessed men indeed. "Thank you Father in heave for these Proverbs 31 women that you have blessed us with and the feathers that fill our quill."

William took the basket from Pearl and together they walked toward the shade tree where they would all enjoy a lunch prepared by these wonderful women. Once under the tree the ladies quickly spread the blankets and unpacked the food. Lunch was a feast of fried chicken, biscuits, sliced tomatoes, sweet tea and whoopie pies. Laying with his hat over his face William was almost asleep when he felt Pearl watching him. He lifted his hat and peeked at her. She smiled. He sat up, stood, took her hand and they walked along the fence row.

As they walked he took her hand, "Pearl, what is it? I know something is moving the gears in the perty head of yours" She blushed at the compliment out here in the light of day, even if they were out of ear shot of Abe and Sarah. She cleared her throat and said "I wanted to speak with you but it can wait until tonight." William said "no my love" he stopped walking, turned toward her, looked her in the eyes and said "tell me". She blushed again. He paused, looked deep into her eyes, she nodded. He picked her up and WHOOPED!  Abe and Sarah jumped off the ground to head their way but Abe stopped her when he was William swing Pearl around. He knew this sight and the sound of the joy!! God was blessing their family with more children! They looked at each other and smiled.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

19 comments:

  1. Ha! "Danke" is German for "thank you" :-)
    And a post that contains pasta is a good post!
    Congratulations on the baby news, Pearl ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am it is :)
      They are Amish ya know ;-)
      Pasta, meat and cheese all favorites around here.

      Delete
    2. Yes ma'am it is :)
      They are Amish ya know ;-)
      Pasta, meat and cheese all favorites around here.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you are continuing the series -- I know how much fun it is for everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much in my head for this story but sometimes can't make it work with the words so I have to change it up.

      Delete
  3. I always love this story! I look forward to it every month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what words I gave...so much fun! Love it. so sweet, another baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words, love a challenge

      Delete
  5. I love William and Pearl. AND Cindy and Dillon. AND Baked Spaghetti.
    I am very happy right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything to make you happy :)
      The spaghetti was REALLY good.

      Delete
  6. Recipe looks great and really enjoy Pearl, William, Cindy and Dillion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great easy recipe and thank you, I'm glad you like them.

      Delete
  7. A baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Totally going to try this recipe. Gigi is obsessed with spaghetti!!

    Great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always nice to see a couple happy at the first news of an incoming child. All I thought when I found out I was pregnant was "oh shit". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL none of my pregnancies were planned but I love everyone of my kids. I do remember the last one, I thought OMG I don't know if I can do this again. I had just delivered still born 6 weeks earlier.

      Delete
  9. Right in the middle of my baby fever you had to go and give them another baby! Ahhhhhh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh oh! Baby fever? hmmm will you be announcing soon?

      Delete