Monday, December 14, 2015

Ode to Christmas' Past - another attempt at poetry

It's December and I'm not sure how but it is.  This year has flown by. Let's see, in October and November I participated in a poetry group post. Several of my blogging buddies and I wrote or attempted to write poetry and posted on the same day. Here we are in December and we're at it again.
W's son said my poetry is sad and depressing, which I can see but is funny to me considering my life is wonderful and I'm happy. Go figure

Banana Bread - this is quick easy and a holiday/winter favorite
I made this bread in my food processor, so no bowls to mess up, no tons of dishes, just the processor bowl to wash.

Ingredients
8 TBSP butter
1 cup sugar
3 bananas
2 eggs
Place these items in the food processor and blend until smooth. Next add:
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
Blend until smooth
STIR in 1 cup chopped pecans or whatever nut you prefer or none at all.
Pour into a greased loaf pan (9 x 5)and bake at  350 degrees for 50-60 minutes depending on your oven. Allow to cool, slice and ENJOY!

Ode to Christmas' Past


When I was a child
I believed in Santa
then I was crushed
when I found he wasn't real
As a young girl I dreamed fantasies
of young men who were gentlemen
and I was crushed
when I found they too were not real
Then I became a woman
and learned that dreams are important
people will fail you and
fairy tales are just that
But Christmas is real
It is a state of mind
A place of peace, wonder meant, and joy
Christmas is when all is right
gifts are our family and friends
visits are important
boxes are wrapped
money is spent
and time is precious
Young children see the world in glittering lights
Couples hold hands and remember times past
Elderly smile and reimenese of the old days
We take time to listen
Christmas is a spirit we should have all year long
Happiness, Joy, Peace and Good will
So this year
spread good cheer
If you need a smile
give one out
need a hug
give one of those too
And most of all
ENJOY the Season of Good Tidings and Joy
Christmas!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogger and Blog: Robin of Someone Else's Genius
Name of Poem: Celebrating December

Blogger and Blog: Dawn of Spatulas On Parade 
Name of Poem: Ode To Christmas' Past  
Link:  

Blogger and Blog: Candice of Measurements of Merriment
Name of Poem: Oh, Christmas Tree

Blogger and Blog: Karen of Baking In A Tornado 
Name of Poem: 'Tis the Season 

Blogger and Blog: Sarah of Not That Sarah Michelle 
Name of Poem: Through Foggy Windows 

Blogger and Blog: Jules of The Bergham Chronicles 
Name of Poem: Tis the Season for Poetry


6 comments:

  1. Santa is the magic of Christmas. You may not believe in the man, but always believe in the magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magic of Christmas is the wonder of it all for me. I am probably having the best holiday season this year that I've had in a coons age! :D

      Delete
  2. Well done, Dawn, The magic of the season is real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spirit of Christmas time, it is magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me smile! And made me think of The Santa Clause... how Santa is more of a "state of mind than an actual person".

    ReplyDelete