Friday, November 13, 2015

UYW-November 2015 and CRISPY HOT WINGS

My honey is a HOT WING fanatic. I mean seriously, he could eat wings EVERY day of the week and not complain. His favorite are Hooters wings, he says they are the best because of the breading. We do not have one near us, but we do have a BWW. Which we frequent often.
I have cooked wings before and it is no big deal but REALLY wanted to cook wings for him and see if he liked them as much as his famed H wings...
The results? T his son gave the wings a "finger licking seal of approval" and together they ate 5 lbs of wings. YES I said 5 lbs. These fellas can eat!
The recipe is simple.
5 lbs wings, drums and winglets
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp of: salt, white pepper, cayene pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley flakes, and 1/4 tsp cumin
All the dry ingredients were placed into a gallon size zip top bag. I placed 10 pieces of chicken in at a time. Shook it very well and then shook each piece to remove the excess. Dropped into a skillet with hot oil. After they were cooked and crispy I drained them and tossed them in a hot wing sauce that I purchased at a local store.

Have you been following " Pearl and William" or the newest "Cindy and Dillion"? Did you miss anything? Catch up here:
Installment 1 :a love story
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 
  Your words are: 
feast ~ adopted ~ traffic ~ roast duck ~ puzzling ~ curiosity
They were submitted by: http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com 

Cindy had just pulled the roast duck from the oven. Man what a feast they were going to have this Thanksgiving. She was so excited. All the kids would be home this year. It had been a long time. It felt strange somehow thinking over the years past and the many celebrations they had had in this house. Their children both biological and adopted.
Around 2 p.m. Cindy stood with a puzzling look on her face. The traffic must be terrible coming from D.C because her daughter Ashley had not arrived yet.
Finally, all present and accounted for. All 5 of Cindy's children, well adults, sat around the table. Several were looking at her with great curiosity. They knew their mother and something was up, what they were just not sure of.
Well into the meal Ashley spoke up. "Mom, just what is going on?" The others nodded or murmured their agreements.
Cindy sat, not sure where to begin, so she started from her most fond memory.
It was summer and we were visiting my aunt. She gave us a box of old books, papers and a diary that had belonged to Pearl. Did you know our family was Amish? (yes they knew but really had no interest in the past) She continued. I started reading that diary and funny thing is, I met this boy. Well, he was quiet a big older than me but I was in love. His name was Dillion.
Ashley interrupted her. "Mom PLEASE what does all this have to do with anything?"
Jim looked at Ashley harshly and said "You know how mom is, she has to tell a story, she can't just get to the point"
Cindy signed... "well the point is this Ashley. His name was Dillion and I was in love. He was much older and never paid me the attention I wanted. Last week I received a phone call. It was Dillion, we lost contact many years ago when he went into the Army. I met your dad, we married and the rest you know. What you do not know is that I never forgot Dillion and apparently he never forgot me. We have been talking and well....
The kids all exchanged looks. What was mom saying? Talking to a man? Okay, yes they all knew their parents were divorced and that it had not been a happy marriage. One that was riddled with infidelity and financial ruin due to their father.
Cindy paused, I know it may be difficult but I don't want to do anything that will upset any of you. You kids are my world. Dillion has asked to see me, in a "more than friend" capacity. She paused and cleared her throat. She was so nervous.
Jill said "MOM that is FANtastic"
Jim said "Mom if this is what you want go for it"
Ashley said "Mom...I want you to be happy but I will admit it will be hard to see you with anyone that is not my Dad."
Dillion sat quiet, then said "Mom, is Dad "my dad"?
Cindy, "OMG YES Dillion. Jimmy is your dad but I will admit I named you for my first love and no your father never knew."
Cindy looked over at Jess, the only one who had no said anything. Jess said "mom I want you to be happy, I am not sure I have ever seen you happy. So please, if Dillion is what you want, that is what I want for you."
Cindy smiled. "I do want to see where this will go. I'll be honest, I'm nervous but excited as well. We haven't seen each other in 35 years. I feel like a school girl." and she was blushing.
Several days later Cindy stood at the front window looking out. Her daughter Ashley by her side. "Mom relax."
Cindy laughed, relax. How could she relax? Dillion would be there any minute. Would he look the same? Would he make her heart skip a beat? Would she make his? Where would this go? So many years had passed, she had wrinkles, grey hair, and way too many pounds since he last saw her.
The silver convertible pulled into the drive and she thought she would pass out. She took a deep breath and watched as the door opened. He stepped out of the car and it was like time went in reverse. She was a teen sitting on the porch railing and he was pulling up in his hot rod. Oh man, her heart was pounding. Dear God did he have to look so good?

Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:

http://bakinginatornado.com                                     Baking In A Tornado
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                          Spatulas on Parade
http://themomisodes.com                                          The Momisodes
http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/                                 Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
http://www.southernbellecharm.com                        Southern Belle Charm
http://www.renasworld.com/                                 Rena’s World                                    
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                   Never Ever Give Up Hope
http://dinoheromommy.com/                               Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/                The Bergham Chronicles
http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/              Eileen’s Perpetually Busy
http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/                   Confessions of a part-time working mom
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                   Someone Else’s Genius
http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com                               Climaxed
http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com                 The Angrivated Mom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. So now we're getting into Cindy's story. And again you left me hanging!
    Oh, and those Hot Wings look amazing. You have some very lucky men in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you know Cindy's story, but it's fun to write it out. :)
      Oh yes, the wings were incredible and I think I'm the lucky one.

      Delete
  2. What a torture having to wait for another month!!! I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an awesome reunion :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes another cliff hanger. You bet it's gonna be awesome!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I'm nervous for her, but I hope she has a happy love affair! I can't wait for next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh those pangs of nervousness and butterflies never go away do they? Can't wait to read the next installment!

    ReplyDelete