Friday, November 20, 2015

Loaded Baked Sweet Potato #CIC

Crazy Ingredient Challenge...have you been here before? Okay good then you know what this is. Oh wait, what? You HAVEN'T heard of this?? Well, here it is. We, a group of bloggers, vote each month on 2 ingredients. The winning two are what we HAVE to create a new dish with. You can use anything else you choose but the two voted on are a must. It can be sweet, savory or anything in between. We all prepare our creations and post on the same day at the same time linking to one another for more exposure. Pure genius!
This month our ingredients are sweet potatoes and jalapenos. At first I thought, "how in the heck am I going to do that?" but then I was hit with a bolt of genius!

IF you are a blogger and would like to get in on this, email me or hit me up on Facebook and I can add you to the group. You do NOT have to participate EVERY month, but when you are able. It is a lot of fun and you will be part of a FANtastic group of bloggers! spatulasonparade@gmail.com Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade.
I decided on a loaded baked sweet potato. I love sweet potatoes and well who doesn't love loaded baked potatoes? So I thought, why not combine the two. But with what? Here is what I decided on.

No one in my house likes sweet potatoes so this was an easy fix. I prepared just 1 baked sweet potato for myself.
In a skillet I sauteed about 1/2 cup of pork bulk sausage, 1/2 of a small jalapeno, 2 sweet salad peppers, 1/4 tsp garlic and 1/4 tsp white pepper. Once this was done I split my hot baked sweet potato and smothered it with the mixture. THEN I added melted gooey yummy blanco con queo on top! OH MY WORD talk about good! The sweet mixed with the savory and cheesy goodness...on man. My gang just doesn't understand good!

This was so delicious I will definetely be making this again. You can have this with or without the cheese or change the type of cheese if you'd rather. Either way, it was DEElicious!

In a few hours you'll be able to read my November edition of "Fly On The Wall" it goes live at 10 a.m. EST. I'd love for you to stop by and check it out as well. You'll find ANOTHER fantastic recipe!! Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls!! YES you read that right. OH MAN good good stuff!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Be sure to check out all the other great recipes associated with this Crazy Ingredient Challenge Post!


5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious...I don't know how the others in your household could resist it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this baked potato alternative. I may skip the sausage since sausage and I don't always get along, but this looks like a perfect winter comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the only one that would eat a baked potato in my house too, they don't know what they are missing! YUM!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't like sweet potatoes?! (Actually, I know a couple of people.. but still!) Great idea, and perfect for a weeknight meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those non sweet potato lovers but this sounds like a great way to eat them.

    ReplyDelete