Friday, October 2, 2015

First of Five Fridays...5 things

Each Friday I participate in a "writing challenge" but on the month has Five Fridays, we are "off" so to speak on the first one. There are five months with five Fridays this year. So this month I decided I would do something different.

I have had so much trauma going on this year, well, the last 4 months that I decided that today to write 5 positive things on this Friday.

1. I have a wonderful set of supportive friends, both in life and in the blogging community. I am blessed to have women from ALL walks of life to talk with, vent to, laugh with and grow with.

2. I have wonderful adult children whom I love and that love me. I have 3 biological, 2 adopted and countless "heart" children. There are 7 grandkids and 1 on the way! 

3. I have a wonderful loving supportive man in my life whom I could not face each day without. He has 3 children and 2 grandsons. So when you add them to the mix, I have 8 kids and 9 grands with one on the way.

4. I have a job that I enjoy. I work my tail off and make peanuts but I love my job. Seriously LOVE my job.

5. I have my faith, which takes me through even the roughest of days.

Now to elaborate a little...
My sons have wonderful wives that I love dearly. So those sweet ladies are my "heart" daughters, NOT daughters-in-law. That term "in-law" has always had a negative connotation to me. Heart daughters for me means that I have chosen to love these girls as my daughters, not just my sons wives.
My kids, 3 boys, my adopted 1 son 1 daughter, my horde of fosters....male and female.

My grandkids, adopted, extended...are wonderful, strong, smart and beautiful. They range from in the womb to age 18.

My blog friends are my life line at times. Supportive, funny, insightful, challenging in a good way, and always my sounding board. 

My job makes me thankful each and everyday. I transport physically and mentally disabled and elderly who are sometime all of the above. They have great attitudes, laugh, enjoy life, struggle and are a strong reminder each and every day that I have a lot to be thankful for.

My honey... God has blessed me beyond measure. He is strong, loving, kind, supportive, hard working, faithful, dependable, smart, sexy and the list goes on and on. I really don't know what I'd do without him.

You may have noticed and wondered that I did not mention my family. I love them, all of them, but they are not my support team. They are not positive, supportive or like minded. I do not depend on them for my happiness, my joy or my sounding board. I love them but we are NOT the same, we do not look at things the same, and that's okay. I've come to terms with it.

So there ya go...my 5 things. The next month that rolls around with 5 Fridays I will make another list of 5 things, what will they be? Who knows but I hope you'll stop by to find out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment