Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mocha Cashew Bowl CIC

Coffee and Cashews? Yeah, I saw these two ingredients and my brain locked up. After some time I began to come up with about a dozen different options. One problem, well several, but the biggest being my mom hates for me to cook at her house and then time...when to get it done.

So I racked my brain over something to fix that did NOT require cooking or baking. I came up with this "bowl" a great snack or breakfast option.
 I thought about coffee cakes, biscotti, cashew crusted steak with a coffee rub ,  or even a dark chocolate coffee gelato with cashews, this is sort of close to the last idea.

Mocha Cashew Bowl 1 frozen banana
2 TBSP cashew milk
1 TBSP instant coffee crystals
1 TBSP chocolate syrup (you could use cocoa or carob)
Blend these 3 ingredients until smooth, place in the freezer to set for approximately 15 minutes.
Top with chopped cashews, shredded coconut, granola and sliced bananas or whatever other fruit you have on hand.
ENJOY


Be sure to check out the other bloggers great creations as well!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


10 comments:

  1. I love the additional flavors of banana and coconut. This sounds just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible! I never thought of a breakfast recipe. I'm going to make this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! You can change it up with flavors. I've done several "protein" bowls. LOVE them

      Delete
  3. Easy and delicious - my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no choice but to do easy and no bake.

      Delete
  4. Love it! I could definitely go for "ice cream" for breakfast anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Easily customizable too. Have to get my hands on some bananas tomorrow. Add some protein powder and it's the perfect post workout snack?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a perfect snack..

    ReplyDelete