Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mama's Lazy Banana Cream Pie

Hey folks, with my work schedule I rarely have time to cook and as I mentioned before, my mom doesn't like my cooking nor does she want me cooking at all.

My mom has drastically changed. When I was growing up we had dessert on holidays and there was no junk food. Now...she's a junk food junkie! She eats ice cream for dinner, cake and ice cream for breakfast, a bag of popcorn for lunch and so on. She also buys everything frozen or in a box. We ate fresh whole foods when I was growing up so this is all so weird to me.

The other day she made a "pie" and I did eat a slice. It was simple, easy, quick, NOT good for you but tasty. So for those who eat packaged foods or need a quick and easy fix, I thought I'd share this with you. No condemnation for decision, no judgement on your choices, just an offer of an easy dessert. That YES I did enjoy a slice of. Hey, we can't eat healthy all the time, or I can't. If I don't eat a little something bad once in a while I'll binge and that's never a good idea.

Mama's Lazy Banana Cream Pie
chocolate pie crust
banana cream instant pudding/pie filling
cool whip
milk
2 ripe bananas, sliced

Prepare the pudding according to the package and milk for "pie" filling and not the pudding instructions. Slice bananas into the bottom of the pie crust, pour filling on top, spread cool whip over and let "set" in the fridge for several hours. Slice, serve, enjoy!
See, told you it was easy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just need quick and easy. This sounds like the perfect dessert for those times.

    ReplyDelete