Saturday, June 20, 2015

Chicken with Rosemary and Pineapple - CIC

How did June 20th get here so fast? I am busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, as my Daddy used to say and I barely know what day it is. I'm meeting myself coming and going but life is so different that it was a year ago...but you folks know that already.

With it being the 20th, that means CIC! Yep, Crazy Ingredient Challenge time, whoop whoop!

This month the agreed upon ingredients are...
If you are a blogger and interested in joining us, shoot me an email and I'll give you the info to join our Facebook group. This will allow you to vote on ingredients, be part of a great group, meet other bloggers and join us for the challenges!
spatulasonparade@gmail.com

I love pineapple and pairing it with chicken or fish is a wonderful choice. I debated on making a sweet bread or muffins of some sort but went for the chicken.

Very simple and easy to make:
1 large chicken breast (debone and skinless, sliced into thick slices)
paprika
garlic powder
1/2 tsp rosemary
pepper to taste
1 tsp oil
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup pineapple chunks

Season the sliced chicken breast with the spices, add the oil to a skillet and saute. Once it is brown on one side flip over and pour the juice over the chicken. Add pineapple to the pan. Allow to cook until juice thickens and chicken is done. This takes all of about 10 minutes.
I served mine with mashed red potatoes and sweet garden peas.

Let's see what my other creative blogger pals came up with:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. The chicken looks amazing! I also love chicks with pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dawn, for another great month of CIC and for your wonderful graphic for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Sounds delicious (and healthy, shhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and tender pineapple is such a lovely complement to chicken and pork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entire meal looks delicious! I laughed really hard at busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful and is similar to what I had first planned on making for my CIC.

    ReplyDelete