Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mango Chipotle Chicken Pasta - CIC May 2015

Another month and another CIC ... crazy ingredient challenge. This month I asked two of our faithful participants to choose the ingredients and hold the vote.

Our ingredients? Mango and Chipotles! YUM

I used the chilpotles in adobo sauce as you can see in my photo. I am a BIG fan of mango so this was a great combo for me.
I had several ideas in my head and had a hard time nailing down which one to use. Mango Chipotle ice cream, YES.. a sweet bread with mango puree and chipotles? sounds good right? Or a pasta dish...due to time and my restrictions on kitchen time/space I went for the pasta dish.
Quick, easy and super spicy, for me that is. My son thought it was good but needed heat, I thought it was down right hot! But my tolerance for spicy food is very low.
 With cheese or without... YUM

1 can fire roasted salsa style diced tomatoes
12 oz cooked shredded chicken, I used leftovers
1 1/2 cups dry pasta, cook according to package
1 cup finely diced mango
1/3 cup mango nectar
2 chilpotles in adobo sauce
Mexican blend shred cheese as a garnish
In my mini blender I combined half the tomatoes, chipotle peppers and mango with nectar. The other half of the tomatoes I left diced for texture. Cook the pasta according to the package, drain and return to the pot. Add the chicken, puree mixture and simmer until heated through. Serve plain or topped with shredded cheese and sour cream if you'd like.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now let's see what everyone else made!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious Dawn. Thanks for all your hard work this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lori and Kelly too, they were a big help this month.

      Delete
  2. Great use for leftover chicken. Could be a cook once eat twice kind of meal. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could even use can chicken if you had too, left over or do I like do sometimes, purchase a rotisserie chicken and prepare several meals from that.

      Delete
  3. what an awesome way to spice up pasta and make it fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both enjoy pasta and it makes leftovers go a lot further.

      Delete
  4. I love how quick and simple this is! I'm pretty sure I'm going to make chipotle ice cream soon. It sounds too good not to try. A mango chipotle bread? It looks like I have some experimenting to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl the ice cream was FANtastic but I didn't get photos, my son devoured it too fast. Now I "HAVE" to make it again, darn. LOL

      Delete