Friday, May 8, 2015

Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Brownies - Secret Subject Swap: My out of sequence life

I have been seriously craving chocolate for the past ten days or so...NO, I'm not pregnant. I'm closing in on 50 (AND the baby making equipment was removed years ago)and have eaten entirely too much junk lately. I find that when I do not eat healthy I crave sugary, fatty, delicious-not-so-good-for-you food. sigh...so I decided the craving will NOT go away until I have something gooey and delicious. So into the kitchen I went.
My son Jesse has this thing for Dulce De Leche, Mexican caramel. My fault I introduced him to it so now he wants it in all my yummy baked goods.
You may want to try these layered brownies but maybe with a side shot of insulin.

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Brownies
Brownie bottom
1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
Cheesecake layer
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
Dulce de Leche - swirl into the cheesecake topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a bowl melt the chips and butter, it took 1 minute in the microwave for mine to melt. Stir well, next add the sugar and eggs one at a time. Last the flour.
pour into a greased 8x8 square baking pan.
Prepare the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg by beating well and pouring on top of the brownie layer.
Lastly drop by spoonfuls the DDL and swirl into the cheesecake layer.
Bake for 50-65 minutes. (depending on your oven be sure to check it after 45 minutes)
Allow to cool and drizzle with more DDL sauce and chocolate syrup, you can even sprinkle chopped nuts or toasted coconut on top, IF you don't think that's going a little overboard.
ENJOY  


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 16 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 

Your “Secret Subject” is:
You are thinking about your past and realize, chronologically, some things don't add up.
It was submitted by: http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com  

Well, YES! My life out of sequence or...chronologically out of order. Have you been around lately? Read some of my post maybe? (Thriving no longer surviving)
I have a confession, when I was 14 I had a crush on this guy. He was 19 and did not pay any attention to me. As a 14 year old girl, I had attitude and if I wanted someone's attention I could get it. Well, not his. I tried. I flirted. I followed him around at his job and when all I got was a "hey how are you?" I moved on after a while. WAIT let me add here that when I saw attention, at 14 that's all I was thinking. I was not a whore, slut, hoochie mama or whatever you call it these days. I wanted attention, hand holding, hugs, flirting my 14 year old brain never went anywhere else. It saddens me to see and hear of 12 year old girls having sex and babies. okay...I'll hop off the soap box.
I wanted to go to college, have a career, find my one true love, have a family and well, have it all. I lived in a small town and was the only child to a poor couple. College was not an option and I was told the best I'd ever get was to marry some guy, work everyday, be broke and live in this small town. Well, I was having none of that.
I was dating this guy and he was what I thought at the time was wonderful, until he left to join the Army. When he returned at Christmas break and told me how much he loved me and how much he missed me I took the bait. We were engaged and 12 days later. I was 16 years old. That lasted 7 years and was a LONG way from the fairy tale romance.
I found myself alone, broken and pregnant with my oldest son. I had to move back home, and boy did I hear it. I told you so, every stinking day. What would I do? Marry some local yocal and live like everyone else? No. I wound up returning to my ex and moving away. Only to find myself divorced 2 years later.
I married again and that of course you all know ended last year.
So now I am starting life over. At 48 I'm in college, looking to the future and a career in the medical field and am now with the crush I had 35 years ago. YEP, we are now 48 and 53 which is no big deal, but of course at 14 and 19 it was. We have been friends and our paths have crossed a number of times over the years but our paths finally crossed at the right time.
Here I am at the stage in life where most people are winding down in their careers and looking toward retirement instead of looking at starting a career or even starting college. I am also starting a new relationship where most are celebrating their silver anniversary. So it is a little backwards, out of sequence or chronologically out of order. But it is exactly where I am suppose to be and I'm thankful that I have a second chance at finding my happy place.
It may be out of order, sequence or chronological order to the natural eye, but in God's eyes I am on the path in my journey that takes me to the promises HE has given.
Are you broken? Starting over? Contemplating starting over? Let me say this...it is never to late to make a U-turn in life, to pull over, find directions and follow the right path. You CAN do it. I promise. It will be hard. There will be days that you mourn your past and mourn the future you thought you were going to have but that's okay and part of the process. Take a deep breath, head up, chin up, shoulders back, eyes up and take a step.
YOU can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!

Now be sure to stop by the others and see what subject they were given and as always THANK YOU for stopping by.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
 http://www.BakingInATornado.com                          Baking In A Tornado
http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com                      The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com                          Spatulas on Parade
http://dinoheromommy.com/                               Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://themomisodes.com                                          The Momisodes
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/                 Stacy Sews and Schools
http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/                              Sparkly Poetic Weirdo 
http://gndisney.wordpress.com                                Disneyland in Kentucky
http://www.southernbellecharm.com                        Southern Belle Charm
http://thelieberfamily.com                                         The Lieber Family
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                   Someone Else’s Genius
http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch              Confessions of a part-time working mom
http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com                              Climaxed
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                                  Battered Hope 
http://www.smalltalkmama.com                                Small Talk Mama
http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com                      Searching for Sanity  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

22 comments:

  1. sniffles, that is beautiful that you ended up with the your original love. Good for you for doing what you want, it may have taken a long road to get their, but you are doing it!!!! WOOOOHOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, it has been a long winding road but that's life. Hang on and enjoy the ride. I'm exhausted but doing it.

      Delete
  2. I think its more fun to live life in your order and not the order society tells us to. It makes for awesome memories and experiences :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, everyone has a different path on this journey of life.

      Delete
  3. First of all, I am drooling over those brownies. I could eat the whole pan.
    Second, what a perfect prompt for you, I guess sometimes a life out of sequence is just what we need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen you would soooo enjoy these, we sure have! Funny how several prompts lately have been "mine" hmmm are you setting me up? LOL

      Delete
  4. SO SO SO glad you are so happy!!! GOOD for YOU!!!!!! <3 Keep on going and don't let the trolls get you down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's right Stacy I have to stay above ground.

      Delete
  5. Good for you, Dawn! I don't think anyone's path is ever as straight as they think it will be. We all take detours and wrong turns. But somehow we end up where we were meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well put and I agree, we "think" we know the straight and narrow but seldom is it there.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe Wade is your teenage crush, how sweet! ❤
    Out of sequence or not - I like where you are now!

    I have to admit I sometimes feel a little "ambition-less" career-wise these days. I may have overdone in my thirties. Now I just want to go home at a decent time and relax. There's a time for everything, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, funny how things work out. I have days of that "ambition-less" feeling, tired/exhausted, but want to prove to myself if no one else, that I CAN DO THIS

      Delete
  7. You sound like you are mending and glad to hear it. No, it is never too late to start over -- I have done it often! I interviewed a lady today who graduated from college at 48 and started her career - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met a lady years ago that was 88 and had just received her BA, she did it because she had time on her hands and never finished 8th grade, she was an inspiration to us and I keep thinking of her, it's never to late.

      Delete
  8. Luckily there is no order we should do stuff in-at least that's how I feel.

    We live and learn. We may not start out exactly as we planned but as long as we are brave enough to take charge and do what we want/need to do-it makes no difference what order we did them in as long as it brings us peace and happiness ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think there was an order and that was the only way, life has taught me different.

      Delete
  9. I grew up in a small town that i always said i would leave. I never have though. I ended up getting married and having a kiddo myself before doing the college thing but i think that's exactly how it needed to be. Good luck with all these changes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends here who have never left, married and have kids. I think it depends on what fits you. I had big dreams and they didn't happen, even though I left the small town, now I'm back and those dreams are becoming reality...you just never know.

      Delete
  10. You have no idea how much I needed to hear this lately. At 57, with a 62 year old Hubs, who was forced to retire a few months ago we are making changes that are scary but exciting. Glad to know we're not the only ones going for it at this stage in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary but YOU CAN do it and will THRIVE not survive! Change is hard at any age but when we think we should be settling down and retiring soon and have to start over...well it's just plain sucks. A new chapter in the book life, a new adventure, enjoy it, look for what really fuels you and good luck and God bless!

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love this. It make the hopeless romantic in me do back flips and somersaults of joy! I'm very happy for you. I am not the biggest brownie fan (bad experience while pregnant) but these look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww. I think your chronological order is perfect. You may not have appreciated where you are now without all the other stuff before! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete