Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Easy Meals - no recipe required

Hi folks, just wanted you to know that I am in the land among the living but as you can tell the last few months blogging has taken a back seat to life.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never expected to be rebranding my life and starting over at almost 50 but I can honestly say (even as difficult as it has been at times) I am happy to be where I am.
I am in school full time, which by the way is kicking my butt, I am working and still staying with my mom. NOT something I'm proud of or even enjoying but it is a necessity at the this time.
I spend approximately 30 hours a week on school and that is barely keeping me up to date, I need to spend more time but just don't want to and between work, my son, my social life, my mom, grand daughter, kitties, oh yeah and sleep, who has MORE time for school?
I applaud all you single moms who work and go to school, if my boys were still home and under 12 I have no idea how I could do this. My old brain is struggling to keep up with the demands on online classes, which by the way I will NOT do 5 again in one semester! But to have to divide my time with children who need my time and attention, well kudos and bravo ladies!
My blogging time is limited and I find that I rarely have time or energy to cook. For that I am thankful for my mom. She does not enjoy cooking and we have TOTALLY different taste and styles but at least I have a meal everyday.
Some days, mostly lunch, I prepare a quick no frills, no recipe required lunch. This is what I mean:
 Breakfast is a shakeology drink, Naked juice or something simple like a toasted bagel with nutbutter, dark chocolate chips and fresh fruit. One side has whipped lemon honey sprinkled with sunflower seeds. Quick, easy and filling. I normally purchase a multi-grain bagel or whole wheat. Sometimes I have eggs and sausage and when my mom is in the mood we have sweet rolls but I try not to eat those often.
 Lunch salads are whatever I have in the fridge. Romaine lettuce or mixed greens topped with boiled egg, tomatoes, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, pepper and a side of chicken salad or tuna.
Sometimes I don't have a lot available so it is lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cheese, sunflower seeds and a dab of dressing.

Don't stress over making the perfect salad or meal, just toss in what you have and enjoy it. Eating clean is easy and a much better alternative to fast food/burgers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment