Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

I know it's been some time since I posted a new recipe so I hope it will be worth the wait. My son and I feel it was! These mozzarella stuffed meatballs were a big hit with us and I am sure they will be requested again.

I was looking at my newsfeed on Facebook one night and saw a recipe for stuffed meatballs. All I could find was the photo, no author, no credit given, no recipe but it got me to thinking. My son loves meat and cheese so what better than a cheese stuffed meatball?

After getting off work the other day I made a quick dash through the store to pick up the items I needed. I went home and my mom already had dinner cooked. I was really bummed, so I did my school, talked with a friend and at 11 p.m that night I made these meatballs for the next day.
Of course I taste tested one to make sure it was as delicious as it looked, oh yeah, we have a winner here!

So the next night I came home, popped them in the oven, made some garlic cheese bread and a salad. Oh yes and cooked some pasta to serve the meatballs over. DEElicious

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground turkey
1 TBSP parsley
1 1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
8 mozzarella sticks, cut into bite size pieces

Thoroughly combine your meat, spices, egg and bread crumbs. Form a thick small patty and place a piece of cheese in it. Wrap around to form a meatball. Saute in a pan on low heat so as to cook through but not allowing the cheese to cook out. Once they are done cover them in the sauce and serve over noodles, with peppers, onions and over rice or on a bun as a delicious sub! There are several possibilities.

Sauce
2  16 oz cans pureed tomatoes
parsley
garlic
onion
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
In a medium sauce pan combine these items and allow to simmer while you prepare the meatballs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment