Friday, December 5, 2014

Sock It To Me - SSS December 2014

Sock it to me baby! 
Cake!
Yes, cake... what did you think I meant?
*sharp intake of breath* for shame and it's almost Christmas! Santa will be giving you a lump of coal or maybe a bucket of cold water.

Okay, now that the silliness is over, just LOOK at this cake! You know you are drooling. I am. I love this cake and it is simple, delicious and I promise it won't stay around long.
Serve it at your Christmas party, office potluck, tea or coffee with the girls. Whatever you do, they will love it. Trust me on this one.

Welcome to the Secret Subject Swap for December 2014. The last one of the year. Can you believe it is December? AND almost Christmas? WOW
This week, 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. (10 a.m. EST)

 Your “Secret Subject” is: 
Do you have recurring dreams?? Do tell!!
It was submitted by:  http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/   

Gee thanks Stacy!

My dreams are like movies, very vivid, detailed and I almost always remember every single one when I wake up each day. I've always been like this. Sometimes the dreams are about what happened that day but in my dreams the event ends the way I really wanted it to. Sometimes the dreams are about crazy things, a blend of several events into one dream. And other times they are just a mix of crazy thoughts that I probably saw on TV or in a movie.
One recurring dream that I had as a child was being a singer. Standing on stage with thousands of adoring fans screaming my name STARR! Yes, in my dream my name is Starr. As a child that's what I secretly wanted my name to be. I have no idea why, it just was.
I always wore purple, had long flowing gorgeous hair and was singing. I'd leave the stage and there he'd be. Standing there watching me. He'd tell me how great I was, I'd blush, he'd ask me out to dinner, whisk me away in a limo.
The night would progress and sort of fast forward in my dream. We'd be in love, he'd propose, I'd say yes and we'd be married.
Who was the man that was in my dream, over and over and over again?
Don't laugh! I was probably 9 or 10 when this dream started and continued until I was at least 16.
You're dying to know aren't you?
Paul Stanley of KISS, yep, the Star Child.
HEY WAIT maybe that's why I wanted my name to be Starr and didn't connect the two until just now!
Anyway, he was my heart throb, still is. Have you seen him recently?! OMGosh time has been VERY good to him!
So there you have it. My recurring dream of being a singer and living happily ever after with Paul Stanley.


Who did you dream about? A knight in shining armor, a high school sweet heart or someone famous? Do tell?!











I made this cake a few years ago and posted it on the blog but did so with several other recipes. So today I'm sharing the cake because it deserves its own page.

Sock It To Me Cake
3/4 cup softened butter, unsalted**
4 eggs (room temperature)**
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder (I use non-aluminum brand)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup all natural applesauce (I use this instead of oil)
1/4 cup water
** room temperature eggs and butter work better as they will blend and cream quicker. If you forgot to leave them out for 30-45 minutes, soak the eggs in warm tap water for a few minutes and set the butter on the stove top while the oven preheats, be careful that you don't leave it too long or it will melt**
***also, you can use a golden butter cake mix from a box if you aren't the homemade type of just don't have enough of the ingredients on hand. If using a box, eliminate the flour, baking power, salt, sugar and vanilla from the list***

Cream your eggs and butter, then slowly add the sour cream, applesauce, water and vanilla. Once this is done, sift together the dry ingredients and add into the creamed mix. Reserve 2 TBSP of the dry mix for the filling.

You should prepare a bundt cake pan, spray with baking spray or grease and flour the pan well. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Filling
2 TBSP dry cake mix
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans

Pour 2/3 of the mix into the bundt. Add in your filling on top of the batter. Now finish pouring the batter on top of  the filling.

Bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven.

Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool on a rack.

Glaze the cake with : 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 TBSP milk mixed. Pour over cake. (mix the two ingredients well, you may need to sift your powdered sugar to make sure it's not lumpy but pretty and smooth)

Enjoy!

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment