Monday, December 29, 2014

Double Cheesy Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake

I hope your Christmas was fabulous and that you are gearing up for the New Year. Any resolutions? Will you stick with them?

I'm forgetting resolutions and setting goals. I learned this year that setting goals and actually writing them down helps. Realistic goals, big goals with the steps on reaching them. Marking them off and celebrating the small steps has kept me on track.

I didn't meet all my goals this year but I have done extremely well all things considered.

Now dishes like this one will NOT help me meet my goals for 2015 but this was a one shot deal.

My son loves anything with cheese and if you add bacon he loves it even more.
I found a dip mix at the store, a bacon ranch cheese dip and we had made it to enjoy on crackers.

It made a lot more than I realized and not wanting it to go bad I thought "now what can I do with this?". Well, how about adding it to some pasta, throw in some diced/shredded chicken, add more bacon, a little more cheese and BAM a new dish!
Cheesy gooey and yummy was the result!
1 cup shredded or diced chicken
1/2 cup broth
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 cups dry small shell pasta (cook according to the package)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 package bacon cheddar ranch dip mix
1 package ranch dip mix
fresh cracked pepper

I used the dip mix I had left over, around 3/4 cup. I boiled the pasta until almost done, al dente. I combined the dip mix, cheese, bacon, chicken, broth, pasta and stirred well. I poured this into a square 9x9 baking pan and at 350 degrees baked it for 20 minutes. The result? Fabulous.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment