Monday, December 15, 2014

Cookie Clusters - no baking required

Happy Monday and Merry Christmas, well almost anyway. In 10 short days it will be Christmas Eve, the presents will be wrapped, the stockings will be hung, cards all sent out and the house will be smelling wonderful in anticipation for Christmas dinner.

Each year I make lots of candy, cookies and other goodies for my family and friends. Last year was the first time in, I have no idea how long, that I was not able to, I was traveling after having just moved.
 This year I have relocated yet again and didn't think I would have opportunity to prepare any goodies. Well, sometimes you have to cease the moment.
 I spent the weekend with my mom and she has always loved my cookie clusters. I didn't think I would make them since my original recipe calls for Spanish peanuts and I am now allergic. But I thought I'd change it up and see how it worked. Other nuts do not bother me, weird I know.

We went shopping, out to supper and then stopped at the store so I could grab the few items I needed to create these little goodies.
 Well, it worked GREAT! Instead of peanuts I used pecans and in place of the peanut butter I used my WOWbutter. They taste so good! I think even better than before. My mom, who loves these little nuggets of goodness, was happy with the new version as well.

It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare these and they are worth every minute.
Cookie Clusters
1 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups rough chopped pecans
2 TBSP WOWbutter (or you can use peanutbutter)
1 bag white morsels

In a non stick sauce pan melt the WOWbutter and white morsels together, stir until smooth. In a large bowl break up your pecans and add the other ingredients. Mix well. Pour the melted morsel mixture over the dry mix and stir well. Make sure to coat it all well, drop by tablespoon onto a silicon sheet, wax paper or foil and allow to set. Store in an air tight container. Keeps for several weeks but they won't last that long!

I used my silicon baking sheet that I received from BakeItFun no oil required and you just wipe it clean, roll it up and store it. I love it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment