Monday, November 17, 2014

Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Happy Monday folks, yes I said Happy Monday. I mean, you might as well be, it's here and if we are positive in our attitude it reflects in our lives. At least that's what I'm telling myself these days.

Being a dislocated housewife sucks, no home, no car, no job, no money and no kitchen of my own BUT I will survive and be better for it. I have enrolled in school and Lord willing the financial aid comes through I'll start in January. In the meantime I'm beating the proverbially pavement looking for employment.

My recipes will be few and far between instead of a new one every day, as I don't get to cook often anymore. This is the sad part.

I did get to cook on Saturday night, and as I would have added a ton of veggies to this dish (they don't do veggies here) it was still delicious. Simple and quick.

I did make a lemon meringue pie last week, as a thank you to my friends for letting myself, my son and our 3 kitties live with them. I used a deep dish pie crust, Meyer lemons and no peeps this time. If you missed that reference, see the CIC from April for the pie.

Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Pasta
1 lb cleaned fresh shrimp
3 TBSP butter, no salt
1 TBSP parsley flakes
2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb angel hair pasta (I used Barilla Plus, it is made from whole grains and legumes)

Put a pot of water on to boil and toss in your pasta, this takes only about 6 minutes to cook. I cleaned my shrimp earlier in the day and had them covered in the fridge. Next take the shrimp, sprinkle the parsley and garlic and mix well. Toss into a wok or deep skillet with the butter, cook on med/high until the shrimp become pink and curl. Add the pasta to the shrimp along with the Parmesan cheese, about 1/2 cup, and 1/4 cup of the water from the pasta. This helps create a creamy texture. Sprinkle with fresh black pepper and serve.
I would have added in some snow peas, sweet peppers diced, maybe even some chopped broccoli.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment