Thursday, October 2, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - Fill the Cookie Jar October

Happy October! I'm still in NC but I did get the opportunity to bake some cookies so I could join this months...
While shopping with my mom and wandering around the baking aisle I saw chocolate chips in orange and black. I knew I had to buy them and incorporate them into this months FTCJ post. The theme this month is "Halloween" or "Fall". Not being home I didn't have access to all my goodies and my mom was not really keen on me "inventing" in her kitchen. So I opted for cookie bars.
 We have enjoyed the cookie bars and I hope you will give the recipe a try. Here it is:

PS: I forgot to bring my cord for my camera...that means I'm using my phone so my photos this month are wonderful.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1 cup butter, unsalted and softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 TBSP vanilla
2 cups oatmeal, old fashioned (not the quick cooking)
1 3/4 cup self rising flour
1 bag chocolate chips

Preheat our oven to 350 degrees, take a jelly roll pan or 15x10x1, spray with baking spray. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Once it is creamy stir in the flour, oatmeal and lastly the chips.
Spread on the pan and bake for 18-22 minutes depending on your oven and altitude.
Cool, cut and enjoy.

Be sure to check the other links.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Previous "halloween" cookies: boogers and bones
spider cookies and Halloween round up

No comments:

Post a Comment