Monday, October 27, 2014

Beef Onion Butter Rice

Monday Monday...I'll refrain from singing to you. I'm sure if you've ever heard this song it is now stuck in your head.

So, I survived another weekend and have a busy week ahead of me. I spent a lot of my time this weekend working on new recipes and trying recipes from 2 different cookbooks that you'll see later this week for a review. OH MAN I'm so excited about them. I actually have 4 books I'm reading and working on recipes for but 2 you'll see this week.

Now, did the title intrigue you? Beef Onion Butter Rice, you may have seen it on Pinterest or on the web as Butter Rice or the best rice ever.

They are not kidding, this rice is so good. NOW let me say up front, it is NOT clean and not the healthiest stuff to eat but dad gum it's good and for a treat, potluck, church dinner or party it is a real crowd pleaser and so easy.

Here is what you do:

Beef Onion Butter Rice
1 can beef consomme
1 can french onion soup
2 cans water
1 stick butter, sliced
1 1/2 cup rice
1 cup shredded chicken (my addition)

In a 13 x 9 pan pour all ingredients except butter. Slice it and add to the top. Bake for 30 minutes with foil over the top. Then remove the foil and bake another 30 minutes. Do this at 350 degrees.
Serve with fresh veggies and a salad.

This rice is addictive, so good I could have eaten two or three servings. So if you are compelled to over eat, make sure you have a lot of folks around to eat this or you'll end up sick from eating the entire pan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment