Friday, October 3, 2014

Apple Basil Slaw and SSS Oct. 2014

Knowing in advance that I would be out of town for a little over 3 weeks, I tried to cook, bake and prepare food so that I would have post to share with you while I was gone.
Well, wouldn't you know I would forget something. So here it is after 8 pm on Thursday night and what am I doing? Writing this post. LOL gosh dang it, so much for planning ahead.

I do however have a recipe to share with you. Before the real reason for this post: SSS or Secret Subject Swap. You know all about it if you're a regular. We, the group of bloggers, submit subjects and Karen over at Baking In A Tornado does a random drawing, then gives each of us our "subject". We never know who gets what until we post. Below you'll see what I was given.
But first, let me share a quick simple recipe. When we did our CIC for September I made two recipes, one I posted on our CIC posting day and the other one? Well, here it is.

Apple Basil Slaw
1 large apple diced
3 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 TBSP dried basil
juice and zest from 1 lime
1 TBSP honey
1/4 cup edamame

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill for several hours. Quick and easy side dish.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:



Your “Secret Subject” is:
you are a "blogger of the year" nominee. As you're getting ready to catch the plane to the award ceremony, you realize you probably should prepare a speech in case you win. What will it say?
It was submitted by: Tamera at Confessions of a part-time working mom

I stand before you here tonight and am in awe. I am humbled by the nomination but to win is a dream come true. It has been a long hard road, ups and downs, a great learning experience. I have met, via the internet, hundreds of wonderful people. Encountered a group of women who became my friends, mentors and confidants. My photography has improved, my readership has grown and my love of cooking, creating and sharing has no wavered. Thank you to my fans for returning over and over, to my family for enjoying the food and to my blogger friends for your encouragement and advise.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this award and honor.
9Fist pump in the air, big WHOOP and off to my seat I go.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! :-) Much deserved!

    I think I might like that salad. Will you make it for me, please? So we can celebrate?

    ReplyDelete