Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sweet Fluffy Cornbread

My husband will tell you that any good self respecting Southerner does NOT eat "sweet" cornbread. Whatever! I love my cornbread sweet and fluffy. He likes his dry and salty baked in a cast iron pan in the oven. I enjoy a good baked cornbread, but prefer it sweet.

He ate this cornbread but still complained. My son and I ate it and then ate some more. We loved it.

To each his own. That's what makes the world go round, differences, as long as we can be respectful of those differences.

Doesn't this look delicious? The chili recipe will be posted tomorrow.
 Sweet Fluffy Cornbread
1/2 cup self-rising buttermilk cornmeal
1 1/2 cups all purpose multi-grain flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 TBSP melted butter, unsalted
1 TBSP raw honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk

Preheat your oven to 350*F and grease an 8x8 pan
Mix your wet ingredients in a medium bowl, in another bowl mix your dry ingredients well. Now combine the two and stir well. Pour into greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment