Thursday, September 18, 2014

Slow Cooker spicy beef roast bbq sandwiches

HEY hey it's Thursday! That means while you're reading this, I'm either riding with the top down on my way to the island, on the ferry or enjoying the ocean. Yep, I'm in NC and spending the day with a friend from junior high. She and I are riding topless. No, not really, we have the top down and are winging our way to Ocracoke via the ferry and then off to Hatteras Island and lighthouse. I'm so excited. Now if the rain will hold off.

Last week before packing and leaving GA, I went on a cooking frenzy. I had to get recipes done to share with you while I was gone AND make food for my husband and son. Yes, they can cook, but I felt better about leaving them for 3 weeks if I left food behind.

Here is one of the recipes, this was delicious. You see two different sandwiches. Because it made so much it lasted several days. First we used toasted potato bread and when that ran out we used hamburger buns. You choose what you want, both were great.


Slow Cooker spicy beef roast
2-3 lbs beef roast
RUB:
1 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP onion powder
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 cup bar-be-que sauce (I used No. 7 recipe Jack Daniels)

In a bowl, mix your spices and rub the roast all over. Place the roast in your slow cooker and place on high for 4 hours or low for 6. I did the 4 hours, then pulled the roast out and shredded the beef. Placed it back in the cooker on low with the bbq sauce for another 2 hours. Served with slaw, beans, deviled eggs and pickles.
The second day we used hamburger buns and I added a tad more bbq sauce when I heated the roast up. Topped it with slaw and it was a great lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment