Monday, September 29, 2014

Hibachi chicken with mushrooms

My family loves Asian food and since moving to GA it is next to impossible to find, at least where we live anyway. However, we did find this great place about 30 or so miles from us. Problem is, I can't just jump in the truck whenever I want and grab some food.
After looking around on the Internet and doing a little trial and error. I have come up with my own hibachi chicken recipe. Oh man was it good! This is definitely something I will make again and again.

 I actually cooked the chicken portion and then separated it, reason being I am allergic to mushrooms but my husband and son love them. To mine I added squash and onions. Their's had mushrooms and onions which is a more traditional way. Mine was delicious and they devoured the pan I prepared for them.

Hibachi chicken with mushrooms and onions
1-1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, chopped small
1 TBSP oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 TBSP butter
3 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
dash salt
dash pepper

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss into a hot skillet or wok. Stir around quickly until the chicken is done.
I did the chicken then added the same amount of each ingredient along with several squash sliced and 1/2 of a large onion sliced. This I removed and added to part of the chicken, then adding the chicken back to the pan along with the same amount of liquid ingredients/spices and a  pint container of button mushrooms plus the other half of the onion sliced. Sauteed it and added to the chicken.
If you can eat mushrooms you can of course skip the step with the squash, but since I'm allergic, I basically made the chicken and then two dishes out of that.
It was not a lot of work and we all enjoyed it so much it was worth the effort.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment