Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chicken breast with apple basil stuffing - CIC

What protein goes with apples? I automatically think of pork, pork chops and apple sauce. If you grew up watching The Brady Bunch like me you're probably cracking up right now. One thing, I rarely eat pork plus when I went to the market to look at pork loins or thick chops, I about fell over with the price. SO... I opted for chicken breast.

What am I talking about? The Crazy Ingredient Challenge. I give a group of bloggers 2 ingredients and they come up with a new recipe using those ingredients and we all post on the same day.

Recipe:
4-6 whole boneless chicken breast
1 box of cornbread stuffing mix
1 stick melted butter, unsalted
1 1/2 cups water
1 large green/granny smith apple diced
1 TBSP basil, dried

Split the breast or butterfly them, mix the other ingredients and stuff the breast. Saute in a pan with a dab of butter and then baste, cover with a lid and allow the chicken to cook through. Serve with roasted veggies and a whole grain like brown rice, quinoa, or couscous.

I did make another recipe which I'll be sharing later.

Be sure to check out the other links!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment