Friday, August 1, 2014

Foil Package Potatoes

We enjoyed these potatoes with our delicious applewood bacon wrapped baked chicken with the Gourmet Warehouse applewood smoked rub! WOW you need to go check this out at www.gourmetwarehouse.net 

This week I've shared my review on the products and a recipe for Sweet Heat sloppies.

My husband's aunt planted a garden and the potatoes are dying. No idea why, just each day there are more and more plants dead. So we pull them up and are enjoying "baby" potatoes. You can buy them at the store for twice the price of regular potatoes but we have some in the yard.

It was a spur of the moment idea and one that I enjoyed. My husband said "they were fine" meaning he ate them but could care less if he had them again. I was kind of shocked, he's a meat and potatoes guy, but... you just never know. I REALLY liked them and would gladly enjoy them again.

Foil Packaged Potatoes
8 small potatoes, peeled and cut in half
extra virgin olive oil
fresh cracked black pepper
ground white pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
dried parsley flakes

Rub the potatoes with a dab of oil, sprinkle on the seasonings, about 1/2 tsp of each, wrap loosely and bake while the chicken is going. It took about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. You could also do this on the grill.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment