Friday, August 29, 2014

crock pot chicken verde

I have been so busy cooking lately that I am now behind on editing the photos and writing the post. Well, here is a prime example. I fixed this recipe over a week ago, almost 2 I think.  It was really easy and delicious.

Now it is not clean in the sense that all ingredients are fresh, I did use a few prepackaged items. Like the salsa verde, I did not make my own, I bought it in a jar. You could make your own or even buy organic. I just bought a jar in the "International" section of my local Wally World. I knew I was going back to work and just didn't have the time.

When we were ready for supper I prepared the saffron rice, chopped some onions, heated up some refried beans and BAM supper was done and in less than 20 minutes.

Of course the chicken had been cooking all day in the slow cooker but isn't that the best way? Toss it all in early in the morning, enjoy it later that day. The meat is always done, moist, 1 pan to clean and you know you'll have leftovers.
Crock Pot Chicken Verde
6-8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 jar salsa verde
8 oz tomato sauce, no salt
3 tsp fresh lime juice
1 TBSP cilantro, dried and crushed
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix the sauce, salsa, lime juice and spices together, pour half into the cooker, place the chicken inside and pour the remaining mix on top. Set on high for 4 hours, my chicken was frozen solid. At four hours, remove the chicken and shred, replace the chicken and reduce to low. Cook 2 more hours or whenever you're ready. Serve over rice, with beans and a salad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment