Monday, August 18, 2014

Chipotle Salsa: Pioneer Woman cook book review

Happy Monday! ah come on, you might as well be happy, it's gonna be Monday whether you like it or not. So turn that frown up side down and smile!
LOL
Don't throw that shoe!

Now why am I so hyped up on a Monday you ask? 
1. I had a good weekend
2. I have a GREAT cookbook to tell you about

Now, this will not be news to you, but it was to me. Ree Drummond or The Pioneer Woman has a great new cookbook called "A Year of Holidays" and it is jam packed with fun and delicious recipe for holidays throughout the year.

Like I said, this may not be new to you, I however am new to TPW, okay okay, pick yourself up off the floor. YES I am new to TPW. I saw her show for the first time about 6 weeks ago and this was the first book I have read of hers, or even the first recipes I've seen, other than those posted by other bloggers.
NO I'm not a hermit, remember, I've said before we haven't had tv, cable or satellite for 10+ years and I'm not a "follow the crowd" type of person. So yes, I had heard of her and seen her MILLIONS of followers, but that turned me off. I follow the beat of my own drum and I honestly avoided her.
Then I read this book and made 4 of the recipes, two of them I made twice because they were that good.
So today I'm joining with several other bloggers to offer you the opportunity to WIN your very own copy!

Later this week, you'll see recipes that I made from the book and my take on them. But for a sneak peek, here is what I made. If you follow me on Instagram you've seen this photo.
One of the things I love best about this book is the step by step photos. No need to worry about what it looks like, how much there is or if you're doing it correctly. Each recipe has 3-4 pages, depending on the difficulty of the recipe, with photos. LOVE that. See
Here is ONE (the first recipe I tried) of the recipes that I made and what I did, my recipe is NOT exact from the book. Reason being, my husband likes his SPICY and I am a MILD kinda gal, so I made some adjustments. So here is my adaptation:

Chipotle Salsa
1 can Fire roasted Rotel MILD
2 can diced tomatoes
1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
1 onion
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sugar
2 TBSP dried cilantro
ALL items go in the food processor (except the chipotle peppers)and blend until you get the consistency you like.
It really made a lot so after I blended all the ingredients EXCEPT, I took HALF out and then placed the chipotle peppers in and blended it again. The second half was for my husband. YES a WHOLE can of chipotle peppers, there were 12 peppers in the can. FIRE hot but he loved it and thought it was perfect.

The second time I made it:
no chipotle peppers
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can fire roasted dice tomatoes
1 can Rotel Lime cilantro MILD
otherwise it was the same

We ate ALL of this salsa, the first and second batch in less than 4 days.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

My fellow bloggers also created dishes from the book, you can read about them HERE:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment