Monday, August 25, 2014

Chicken pot stickers

Happy Monday and no this is not a "meatless Monday" dish but it sure is a #manfoodMonday dish and that is because I made these with my 22 yo in mind.
He recently moved to GA to live with us, not really what he wanted, but you know if life we don't always get what we want.
I'm thrilled he's here but wish it was under better conditions. Anyway, back to why you're really here, a recipe.
I made these and they didn't photograph well, but WOW were they delicious. I mean, gosh. Slap yo'man good.
They take quiet a bit of time, but the recipe makes a lot, I actually got tired of making them and only did half the package, the rest of the filling I used in fried rice.
So it's a two for one meal, even better.

I found these wrappers at my local Wally World. Since I live in a teeny tiny South GA town, that's all I have and I was thrilled to find these. As our area is not culturally diverse. I'm used to over 300k people and a multitude of ethnic backgrounds, which provided me with several different small markets to choose from.
Above is the filling, after it was cooked of course.
Yes, I ate one BEFORE I finished cooking, I had to make sure they were good and not serve my family something yucky. haha like that's gonna happen.
Above is the whole tray full, in the back you see I provided them with several choices of dipping sauce. I prefer the Frank's red hot chili sweet hot sauce.

Chicken Pot Stickers
1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
3 carrots
1 onion
2 ribs of celery
1 TBSP fish sauce
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp white ground pepper
Peel and chop the vegetables and place them into a food processor, run blade until you get a fine chopped mixture. Mix the vegetables with the ground chicken and spices.
Add all ingredients into a skillet and cook with a dab of oil, the chicken has no fat and will stick without some sort of oil, it doesn't take much, less than a tablespoon. Allow the mixture to cool as you will need to handle it.
 Place 2 tsp of mixture into the center of a won ton wrapper, fold into the shape of a triangle and seal with water and place into a hot pan of oil. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce.

I used HALF of the wrappers and mixture, the other half I added to 2 cups of leftover brown rice, I added 1 TBSP soy sauce, 1 TSBP fish sauce, 1 tsp garlic and stirred well, when the mix was heated through I added 2 beaten eggs and completed my fried rice. 
Two meals in one.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment