Thursday, August 21, 2014

Baked French Toast Casserole

On Monday I shared with you a review of the "A Year Of Holidays" by Ree Drummond. Today I am sharing with you another of the recipes that I made from the book.

If you missed the review and want to ENTER TO WIN a copy for yourself click THIS LINK



As you can see from the photo, we enjoyed this along with crispy bacon and fresh fruit.
My recipe is HALF of the one in the book, as it was just for myself and my husband. It still made enough that we ate it three times before it was all gone.
Baked French Toast Casserole
4 eggs
1 cup milk (I used almond)
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
1/2 loaf, cubed, french bread
TOP
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (not in the original recipe)

Whip the first 5 ingredients and soak the bread, pour into a greased baking pan, mine was a small rectangular ( 6x10). Mix your topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. Cover and place in the fridge overnight. The next morning, place it in the oven for 60-75 minutes. ENJOY
My oven's temperature is off, so I baked mine for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 300 degrees. The recipe called for 350 degrees for the same time. 60-75 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment