Monday, July 28, 2014

Pina Colada Granola

Pina Colada Granola

You may have seen the first two words of the title and thought HOT DANG a drink! Sorry, I don't drink alcohol, medical reasons.  I used to, and believe me, I drank enough to last me a life time.

But I do enjoy the flavors, strawberry daiquiri, pina colada, rum cake, bourbon, margarita...why are we here. OH YES... a "healthy" recipe. heehee

How about the flavors of pina colada? Pineapple, coconut, and almonds, what? yes I said almonds. I mean it is granola folks, you gotta have nuts.

This is a super quick granola, few ingredients, healthy and delicious.

Ready? Here it is:

Pina Colada Granola
1 1/2 cups oats
3 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP chia seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple

Mix the first 4 ingredients and spread on a baking pan. Slide it into a 300 degree oven for 7 minutes.

Add your last 3 ingredients, stir well and spread out again. Bake for another 5 minutes.

Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.

Enjoy over yogurt, ice cream (it makes me think the dessert is healthy) , or enjoy it with almond milk and fresh fruit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment