Tuesday, July 8, 2014

mocha cappuccino smoothie

Okay, y'all I hate to admit this, but I seriously was NOT paying attention.

I gave up coffee, tea and soda almost 3 years ago. And what did I do??? I put coffee in a smoothie. WHERE was my head?

I gave it up for medical reasons, I thought I was having a heart attack, wound up in the ER and found out I had esophagitis. NOT cool and VERY painful. The doctor said: give up smoking (which I don't do), give up alcohol (which I don't do) spicy foods (no again), tea, coffee, soda(ok that was a BIG deal) and fried foods. Man... so I dropped all the things he told me and felt so much better. After about a year I decided to have a sip of soda, NOT a good idea. I immediately felt like I had been shot in the chest OR kicked by a mule. Either way, I was NOT doing that again.

So what ever possessed me to add coffee to a smoothie? I had a brain blip. It was really good and it did not hurt me, but I can tell you, it was a one time thing. 

As you can see, I enjoyed it along with a slice of my Black and Blue loaf with blackberry lime drizzle.

I'm sharing with your because this may be something you LOVE and less expensive than going to that SB store on your way home from work.



Mocha Cappuccino Smoothie
1/4 cup strong brewed cooled coffee
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 cup almond milk
1 1/2 frozen bananas (you could use ice but I like the creamy/sweet effect of the banana)

Toss it all in a blender or Vita-Mix, which is what I use, and blend until smooth. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment