Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 4th Cookies

Thursday is our monthly "fill the cookie jar" post and I created two recipes. I could not decide WHICH one I wanted to link up. I finally decided on the...well you'll see Thursday. So today I'm sharing these, my July 4th cookies, a small recipe as it only makes 1 dozen. Why you ask, because I don't need more than that laying around. My husband will argue that, but he's not the one with another 70 lbs to loose. I am.

So with it being the first of July and the fourth just a few days away, what better thing to create than...

July 4th cookies; Red, white and blue
Dried cherries - red
white chocolate chips - white
Dried blueberries - blue

and a few candied walnuts for good measure, because I like "crunch" in my cookies.


My husband is not a fan of white chocolate but these are not packed with chips, I only used a small amount of each ingredient so that each one can be found, tasted and one does not overwhelm the others.

July 4th Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour

In a stand mixer cream the brown sugar and butter. Slowly add your egg and then dry ingredients. Once this is mixed well, shut it off and stir in by hand 1/4 cup each of:
dried cherries
dried blueberries
white chocolate chips
candied walnuts

Stir well and place a large tablespoon of mix on a baking sheet or SilPad. 
Bake for 9-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
This is a small recipe, makes 1 dozen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment