Monday, July 21, 2014

How to bake sweet potatoes in a crock pot

I love my crock pot, it is perfect for large meals, days when I'm busy and days like last week when temperatures are over 100 each day. I don't feel like heating up the kitchen with the oven or the stove top for that matter.

We had #meatlessMonday, which my husband is not thrilled over but I gave him ice cream for dessert so he didn't complain, or at least not outside of his head anyway.

Preparing the sweet potatoes in the crock pot or slow cooker: {all crock pots are slow cookers but not all slow cookers are crock pots :) Crock Pot is a name brand.} Line your cooker with a piece of foil, add 1 cup of water, this helps them to steam and not burn. Place your potatoes inside and place the lid on top. Cook on high for 2 hours and DONE! Perfect potatoes. I then turned mine on warm so we could enjoy the potatoes later that night.


AND no mess to clean up! Dump the water, if there is any left, take out the foil, rinse the cooker and you're done.

I enjoyed one for lunch and then that evening we had one for supper along with couscous salad, which you'll find here in a day or so.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment