Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cranberry Shallot Vinaigrette - #CIC

Dog-gone I had a difficult time this month trying to decide WHAT to do with these two ingredients:
cranberries (fresh, dried, frozen)
shallots

Yep, you guessed it, CIC time! Crazy Ingredient Challenge

Each month I assign two ingredients to our bloggers who are up for the challenge, they in-turn come up with a NEW recipe, never before posted on their blogs and then we all link up on the 20th.


This month we voted on the ingredients. They had four choices and well, cranberries and shallots won, by one vote!

I tossed around ideas and dreamed up dishes until I wasted all my time and BAM here I am the night before we post, writing up my recipe and editing my photos. Can you say "procrastinator" ? Yep... I did the big no no.

I settled on making a vinaigrette, I had thought about a sweet/savory bread, stuffed chicken, stuffed pork loin, but I swear I looked at the calendar wrong and thought I had another week. *red face*

I hope the others weren't as bad as I was this month. Check out all their recipes at the bottom.

Cranberry Shallot Vinaigrette
2 TBSP dried cranberries
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 large shallot
1 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ginger powder
juice from one lemon (2 TBSP)
2 TBSP water

Add all but the evoo into a blender, blitz/liquefy, slowly drizzle in the evoo, this helps to thicken/emulsify the vinaigrette.
Chill and serve over fish, chicken or a salad. I used mine on leftover talapia and mixed baby greens.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments:

Post a Comment