Monday, July 7, 2014

Black and Blue loaf with Blackberry Lime Drizzle

HAPPY MONDAY! Oh come on now, don't groan... if there were no Monday then Tuesday would be the new start of the week, so we might as well face it.Monday is here to stay. I'm good with that. Monday means my husband goes to work, which means he has a job and we can pay our bills. It's all in how you look at things.

We have spent a lot of time at my SIL's farm as y'all know, because I've mentioned it like a thousand times. You're probably tired of hearing it.

We love going out there, visiting, fishing, picking fresh fruit and helping them out. Last week I was loaded down with blackberries, blueberries and watermelons! YES what a burden to bear, LOL.

I didn't want to dump them all in the freezer (some are there for my smoothies) and I enjoy eating blueberries by the handful. Watermelon, well, that is my daily intake of fluid!

Now the loaf was great when hot, better the next day and on the third day I enjoyed a slice with my mocha cappuccino smoothie!(recipe up tomorrow) WOW talk about good.




Blackberries are delicious, but those seeds! ugh...those I could do without. So I decided the best thing to do was cook them down, strain them and have a sauce. hmmm now what to do with it? 

I thought about this bread/cake/loaf idea and oh man! It turned out FANtastic! And even better a few days later, IF it last you that long. Mine did because I made 3 loaves. However, the recipe here is for just 1, but you can double, triple or fix it as is.

Black and Blue Loaf with Blackberry Lime Drizzle
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil (coconut)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
3 TBSP blackberry syrup **

**blackberry syrup- 2 tsp lime juice
1 cup fresh blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
cook, cool and strain

Makes 1 loaf, bake at 325 degree for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set and done. To prepare the loaf: combine all dry ingredients in a mixer and allow it to mix well. Slowly add the wet ingredients EXCEPT the blackberry syrup and blueberries. Toss the fresh blueberries with 2 TBSP powdered sugar. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Add the blackberry syrup and swirl through the batter, add the blueberries on top and lightly press into the batter.

Drizzle: 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tsp lime juice, 2 TBSP blackberry syrup, mix well and drizzle over the loaf, after it has cooled.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment