Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad with applewood smoked bacon

Y'all know with my "healthy" eating and working out hard, that at least 80% of what I eat being clean, I do NOT eat out, no fast food, no soda, no coffee, and on and on.

Well, last week caught up with us and we had no time to go home and were starving. My husband, bless him, will eat anything (yes except for cheese which he is not fond of). He wanted fast food, YUCK, seriously?

Yes, he did. So we opted for Wendy's, I knew I could get a salad and maybe a baked potato. Well, I saw their new salad, the BBQ Ranch...oh my gosh! It was DEE-licious!

So I had to recreate it, I did make a few adjustments, you know I had too. I wouldn't be me if I didn't.

Talk about good. My husband is a connoisseur of bacon and he had not eaten applewood smoked bacon before, well now he insist that this is THE bacon from now on. It was good, I have to admit, it was down right delicious.

BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad with applewood smoked bacon
Romaine, 1 head torn into bite size pieces
English cucumber, 1/4 diced
4 small sweet salad peppers diced
6 grape tomatoes halved 
2 TBSP shredded cheese
olives

4 Chicken breast tenderloins sauteed with spicy seasoning mix and topped with bbq sauce

applewood smoked bacon 2 slices, cooked

bbq ranch dressing 2 TBSP

This made 2 large salads. As you can see, it was LOADED down! Tons of protein, veggies and flavor!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment