Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sunny Granola

I love granola and was out, so I needed to make more. I decided to change up my previous recipe and do something different. Why? Because I did not have the ingredients for the previous recipes I had done, so I used what I had. It's called being frugal. Don't go out and buy ingredients, use up what you have. I find I am more creative and spend less when I use what I have. Plus I hate to waste food. I think that comes from growing up without a lot.

Previous recipes: 
Pecan Cinnamon Granola
Basic Granola

Sunny Granola
1 1/2 cups whole oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
3 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 TBSP raw honey
1/4 cup raw shredded coconut

For the first batch I stirred all the ingredients together and spread it on a baking sheet. Baked at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, my oven bakes VERY hot, and it was almost burnt.

The second batch I left the coconut out, baked on 300 for 20 minutes and it was pefect. Then I sprinkled the coconut on top and allowed it to cool.
I mixed both batches in a Tupperware container.

Top ice cream, yogurt, fruit or eat with almond milk. Also a great grab and go snack.






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment