Monday, June 2, 2014

smoked turkey wrap with jezebel sauce

I found this recipe in an old cookbook, 1996, and tweaked it a little. I love this but my husband thought it was weird. This sauce would be great over a salad when it's chilled, warm over sliced turkey but I used it on a wrap.

Really simple, a tortilla, smoked turkey, sprouts, feta and this sweet tangy jezebel sauce! How easy is that? Plus it makes a lot so I stored it in a 16 oz mason jar in the fridge. Now I can use it on whatever I want, maybe even a piece of grilled chicken.


Jezebel Sauce
1 can whole cranberry sauce (use a bag of frozen cranberries or fresh if you can find them)
1 cup water
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
( 1/2 cup sugar if using fresh/frozen berries)
brown sugar (double if using fresh/frozen berries)
2 TBSP wasabi sauce

Blend well in a sauce pan and simmer for 20 minutes.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment