Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pan Seared Pork Cutlet with black eyed pea salsa

I'm the guest post over at Bernadette's site, you'll find this recipe there. Bernadette writes Rants From My Crazy Kitchen and she will be having guest post for the month of June, I am honored in being the first.

Be sure to visit her and tell her I sent you. (edit 12/30/14 see below for the recipe)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Since it has been over six months since I wrote this recipe, I thought I'd drop the ingredients and directions for you here.

Ingredients
  • 4 pork cutlets (more depending on how many you're feeding)
  • 1 can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • ½ cup Canadian bacon, chopped
  • ¼ tsp cumin
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 1 can no salt whole tomatoes (14 oz)
  • ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet or sauce pan, saute your Canadian bacon, onion and garlic with a dab of oil. Stir in your garlic after a couple of minutes and saute, be careful not to burn the garlic. Stir in your spices and chop your tomatoes, I crushed mine with my hand. Stir well. Allow this to simmer while you cook the pork cutlets. Lastly before serving stir in the jalapeno and cilantro. Serve on top of your pork cutlet.
  2. For the pork I just seasoned it with a sprinkle of garlic powder and fresh cracked black pepper, seared it in a hot pan on each side and cooked it for 3 minutes per side. I do this while the salsa is simmering, .you can prepare the salsa earlier and allow it to cool if you like, we ate it warm.
  3. /4 cup of salsa only has 42 calories, 3.2g protein, makes 3½ cups prepared salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment