Thursday, June 12, 2014

Green Tuna Pasta Salad

We love pasta salad and lately I have been on a tuna kick, so I combined the two. You'll find another tuna pasta salad HERE that I made a year or two ago.

This time I used what I had, so if you don't like an ingredient, change it up.

Unfortunately I did not have enough of any one pasta for a salad, so I took the 3 that I had and combined them all. It adds texture and uses up what's in the pantry, frugality is key for me.

The same for the other ingredients, I really didn't have my "normal" ingredients, so I cleaned out the fridge. Using the capers eliminated the use of salt which I try desperately hard not to use.

2 cups dry pasta, whatever you have on hand
12 Snow pea pods, chopped
3 TBSP capers
2 yellow and orange sweet salad peppers
1/4 cup frozen green garden peas
tuna, in the can drained
chopped water chestnuts
2 TBSP mayo
celery seed, just a sprinkle
fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 lemon juiced

Cook pasta according to box directions, toss the frozen peas in with the pasta to cook, drain well and allow to cool.  Mix the mayo, celery seed, lemon juice and pepper. Dice and chop all your veggies, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Serve warm or chilled.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment