Friday, June 20, 2014

Cantaloupe Gazpacho - CIC June

Hi everyone and welcome to the June 2014 issue of the CIC - Crazy Ingredient Challenge. If you're new and have no idea what I'm talking about... once a month I give a group of bloggers 2 crazy ingredients. They in turn take those 2 ingredients and create a new recipe, never published on their blogs and we all share them on the same day. We link to one another, you can see them below, and see who did what with the ingredients. It is great inspiration, creativity and fun!

If you are a blogger and interested in joining us, send me an email, a private message on FB or comment below. I'll add you to our FB group and you can join us next month.


I thought about this one for a while. I had planned one thing, changed my mind, settled on a second recipe and then changed it at the last minute.

Seriously, I got home last night at 8 p.m. and began preparing this recipe! Talk about cutting it close, had it not worked out...not sure what I would have done.

But it did! I really liked it, my husband did not. And to think! it was his idea!


Cantaloupe Gazpacho
1/2 small cantaloupe
1 lime, zest and juice
2 inches of an English cucumber diced finely
1-2 TBSP capers

Place the diced cantaloupe, zest and juice into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour into a chilled bowl. Top with diced cucumber and capers. Serve chilled.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Be sure to visit the other bloggers and see what they used in their creations!!

Please do NOT add a link to this thread unless you were signed up through the group, all unauthorized links will be deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment