Thursday, May 8, 2014

Taco Shrimp Salad

Growing up on the coast of North Carolina, we ate a lot of shrimp. I love shrimp, flounder, fish of most any kind really but I also grew up where it was all fried. Now don't get me wrong, I love it that way, it just isn't the best way/healthiest way to eat it.

I've come up with several ways that are delicious and healthy. My fish tacos, (LOVE) those, the Cajun Shrimp Salad , Bacon wrapped bbq shirmp , Creamy Shrimp pasta. Just to name a few.

I purchase raw shrimp at the market or frozen raw if the fresh do not smell...well, fresh. If you are not familiar with shrimp and don't want to clean them, buy them cleaned. No shame there, they are a pain to clean.

Quick, easy meal that is sure to please and not heat up your kitchen or keep you on your feet for hours after you get home.

Taco Shrimp Salad
1 TBSP taco seasoning (I make my own)
1/2 lb shrimp
1/2 red onion chopped
1 TBSP lime juice

Toss the shrimp and onion with the lime juice and taco seasoning. Saute in a pan with a dab of oil (no more than 2 tsp is needed) this takes less than 10 minutes. If you are not used to cooking shrimp, they should turn pink and curl. If you cook them too long they become tough and chewy.
Serve on spinach with tomatoes and whatever other vegetables you desire plus dressing.
We did eat our salad with leftover hushpuppies.  Otherwise, it was a healthy meal :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment