Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spicy Chicken salad with TOP side dish

I was browsing through an old cookbook, 1996, and found a great recipe. I of course changed it up and made it my own.

Last night I posted the rub/seasoning mix and the dressing for this dish. IF you missed it, you can find them HERE.
We loved this dish and the leftovers became another dish on their own. I'll be posting that one on Monday, why so long? because I have other commitments for now. But it will be worth the wait, I promise.

Spicy Chicken Salad with TOS side dish
spicy seasoning
Lemon Dijon dressing
TOP side dish** 
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 large red onion diced
1/2 cup diced red sweet peppers
Mix all in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix 1 TBSP sugar, 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar salt and pepper to taste. Pour this over the TOP and chill. Serve as a side dish, on salad, on top of chicken or with grilled shrimp.

2 large chicken breast
Spicy seasoning
Lemon Dijon dressing
TOP side dish
Coat chicken with spicy seasoning and saute in a dab of oil or grill. Slice and serve on top of greens, spinach or torn lettuce. Add pea pods, TOP side dish and lemon dijon dressing. Great lunch or evening meal. Be sure to prepare enough chicken to eat later because you'll want more!
I prepared enough chicken for 2 meals. 2 large chicken breast sliced in half. The ones I purchased were huge! So I was able to cut them into 6 pieces.
The extra chicken I used the next night for a spicy chicken club. See recipe Monday :)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment