Friday, May 30, 2014

Kiwi Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Time to taste the tropics!

Actually truth be told, I had purchased a ton of strawberries (6 lbs) and a bunch of kiwi. We were eating through the strawberries but the kiwi were sitting there all lonely. SO I decided to pop them into a smoothie. I will NOT waste good fruit!

It was simple and delicious. I wanted it to look pretty for you, so I enjoyed it in this slammin' margarita glass. You could add alcohol if you wanted, but I don't drink.

Kiwi Smoothie
2 kiwi
1 frozen banana (this makes the smoothie thick and creamy)
5 large strawberries (I toss them in the freezer for a bit this helps make the smoothie cold without the use of ice)
1 cup almond milk (I purchase the original unsweetened)

Peel and slice the kiwi, place one along with the other ingredients into a blender or VitaMix. Blitz until smooth. Decorate your glass with the second kiwi, or you could toss them both into the mix. It's up to you.

ENJOY I sure did :)

Remember that healthy doesn't have to be boring! Pour your favorite smoothie or protein shake into a fancy glass, it taste better. ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment