Friday, May 23, 2014

Fresh Strawberry Sauce AND Fly On The Wall - May

I have been doing some #cleanup for the #lgkspringfling challenge. Let me tell ya, I did not realize just HOW many photos I have.

Yeah, thousands is an understatement and not all of them are printed yet. sheez and they may not be considering I have over 5000 on 1 flash drive and I have NO idea how many on the other one.

Yes, I'm a shutterbug. I love taking photos almost as much as I love cooking.

While going through these photos I found a few sheets of paper with things written down that my boys had said when they were little. Oh the flood of memories and perfect timing...

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 12 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Inline image 1 
Inline image 1 

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

August 19, 2002
Joey (our youngest) was brushing his teeth and Jesse said "hurry up in there, I'm growing a beard out here" LOL Jesse was 10 at the time

May 2, 2002 (our anniversary)
We took the boys to dinner with us, on the way home it was silent and I said "are you guys asleep?
In unison I get "NO"
Then Joey says "No, I'm just resting (pause) I have jumped over the edge of fullness"
We almost ran off the road laughing!

**This was sooo good! Eat it on yogurt, ice cream, fresh fruit, pancakes, waffles, salad or like we did on English Muffin French Toast! I used Thomas' new cinnamon vanilla OMGosh so good!


Fresh Strawberry Sauce
1 pt strawberries, washed and hulled
2 1/2 TBSP raw honey
1 lime juiced and zested
Blend into a smooth sauce. store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. 




When Joey was 7 or 8 years old his laundry needed to be put away. He had missed a shirt. I said "Joey, put your shirt up"
He picks it up and holds it in the air.
I said "WHAT are you doing?"
He says, "Putting my shirt up"
His father thought this was hilarious, I did not, it had been a long day and I was not in the mood.
Looking back, it was hilarious and quick witted. I knew then I was in trouble with this one.

When Jesse was just a toddler, we were having supper one night. Fried chicken (yes we're Southern to the core) and my husband said
"Hand me a leg"
Jesse lifts his leg out of the high chair and holds it towards his dad.
We fell out laughing.
Yes, my kids are quick witted and yes, they were a handful at times but gosh I miss those days!

Little Man was running around playing and dropped his sand bucket, when he tried to pick it up, he kicked it. Nema cracks up and says "he kicked the bucket" and she could NOT stop laughing...we think it's due to lack of sleep!

Here is my little man, he's been really sick and I've been at his house keeping him a lot...such a sweetheart.

having breakfast

later asleep in the chair

May 6th, keeping my little buddy! I love him so. Isn't he adorable? YES

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment