Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chicken Grapefruit Salad with Wasabi Dressing May CIC

Time for another great challenge... CIC or Crazy Ingredient Challenge. This was the original brain child of Jutta from Hungry Little Girl, however, life got in the way and she passed it off to me, Dawn here at Spatulas On Parade.
Each month we take 2 ingredients and challenge food bloggers to come up with a NEW recipe, not seen on their blog before or submitted by them anywhere else. Then we all share our creations on the same day. The 20th of each month is our unveiling.

This month it is: Wasabi and Grapefruit

Now I am NOT a fan of grapefruit, as a matter of fact, I don't eat them, don't like them and wasabi is HOT so I can't eat it. BUT I did find a way to combine the to in a recipe that I COULD eat and enjoy!

Now I live in a VERY small town in South Georgia and could not get wasabi, I did find a wasabi sauce so I used that. I am sure if I had the 'real' deal it would have been too spicy.

As a matter of fact, I loved it. I loved it so much that the dressing I used on shrimp and a salad later.(that I will share tomorrow) mmm mmm good!


This is what I did:

Chicken Grapefruit Salad with Wasabi Dressing
Wasabi dressing
3 TBSP lime juice (about 2 limes)
2 tsp raw honey
1 TBSP soy sauce (light)
1 tsp wasabi
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Whisk these ingredients together until well blended and set aside.

boneless skinless chicken breast
Adobo seasoning
1 large grapefruit
1 TBSP oil
On a plate I placed organic baby spinach, pea pods, sliced grape tomatoes, thinly sliced English cucumber, diced green onions and sliced cooked chicken breast. The chicken was cooked with Adobo seasoning only, sliced and placed on the salad. Peel 1 large grapefruit and section it out. Be sure to remove all the pith (white segments and lining). Lay on the salad and slice the chicken, topped the salad.
Now top with the dressing.

ENJOY!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


PLEASE be sure to visit the other talented bloggers who took this challenge!! See the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment