Monday, April 28, 2014

Strawberry Daiquiri Cake

This is not a healthy recipe, let me say that right up front...and you will find a naughty recipe like this from time to time, I have family I need to keep happy.

For Easter we had a family dinner, my husbands siblings and their kids and their kids and my FIL all got together. THIS is an interesting time. Now I am the only one who eats healthy and no one wanted my "health food junk" but a fattening full of sugar clog my arteries type of dish.

So to keep peace, I made deviled eggs, chicken and rice and a big ol' fat bundt cake, a new recipe just for my FIL because he loves strawberries.

Here is the result, now yes I did eat a small piece, but here I sit a week later writing this post and there is still cake in my kitchen, which sadly will be thrown out. Sad you may question, yes because it is food thrown out and I hate being wasteful. But I'm not going to eat it and everyone else is done with cake for the week.

They are not big on sweets but will batter and deep fry anything that doesn't move...hey that's an idea, I could slice the cake, batter and deep fry it, then they'd eat it up.

Oh yuck just the thought...oh sorry I digress. On to the recipe...

Strawberry Daiquiri Cake
1 white cake mix
1 small box of vanilla pudding, instant
4 eggs
1 stick room temp butter, no salt
1 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
Blend all ingredients together and pour into a prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Cool and poke holes in the top. Pour 1/3 cup of daiquiri mix over cake to soak in.
Mix 1/3 cup daiquiri mix and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar together, toss in 1 pint of strawberries stemmed and washed. Mix well and pour over cake placing strawberries in the center.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment