Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fruit Nachos

Hey howdy hey it is Wednesday! Yeah yeah I know, corny. That's what happens when my sinus' go crazy and my head is stopped up, I can't think as clearly.

How is your week going? Mine is soooooooooooo much better than last week, let me tell you!

During last week and the busy schedule, I did not always get my workout in and my protein smoothie. What I did do, was make sure I had something healthy each morning.

One day I made these great fruit nachos. Quick easy and it was super filling, here is what I did:

Fruit Nachos
1 apple cored and sliced
1 banana, peeled and sliced
4 strawberries sliced
Arrange on a plate, visually appealing food always taste better.
Protein sauce: 1 TBSP WOWbutter, 1 TBSP raw applesauce, 1 tsp raw honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, stir well and drop/drizzle on top.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts (I used cashew and pecan)
Melted dark chocolate drizzled on top as well, you can omit this if you want.

I may not be lovely but it was really good, filling and healthy. Great as an afternoon snack, post workout or breakfast meal.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment