Friday, March 28, 2014

Thyme Lime Chicken

HAPPY FRIDAY! whew...we made it. I have had an exciting and exhausting week.

First my middle son Jesse is now a Daddy! YES, that makes me a grandma again. Little Daniel was born Wednesday night at 11:34 pm weighing in at 7 lbs and 5 oz, 21 inches long. Healthy and a cutie. Mom and Dad are exhausted and so am I. Wishing I was there and hopefully next week, but for now I have to settle for text photos and Facebook. Thank God for technology, otherwise I'd be waiting for weeks for those terrible hospital photos to arrive.

Exhausted because Little Man is sick and I've been keeping him this week. You think you are in shape, or getting that way, until you have to pick up a 23 lb toddler about 500 times a day and wrestle with him because he is sick and fighting sleep and his medications. MAN I'm sore and need the weekend to recover.

Excited because Saturday, tomorrow, my husband will be the BIG 5-0! YEPPERS and we're having a family cook out, which might be rained out, but we'll have fun anyway. Wishing our boys were here, but those days are over. They are married, grown and living states away :( makes me very sad.

OKAY enough or I'll be boo hooing. On to the chicken!

I love chicken, y'all know that already, but I needed to do something new. Dear old hubby (see that wink wink) old... gets bored and he'd rather eat ground beef. So I have to constantly do something new with the chicken to keep him happy.

Here is what I did: (which by the way he LOVED and raved over)



Thyme Lime Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp dried thyme
1 lime juiced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 white ground pepper

Juice the lime over the chicken breast, sprinkle the seasonings over the breast, both sides and pan sear with a dab of olive oil. Cook until done, about 4 minutes per side. This time depends on the thickness of the chicken and the type of pan you are using.
I served ours with slaw and a baked sweet potato.

ENJOY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment