Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sweet Carrot Rounds

We love Chinese food but haven't really enjoyed Japanese food. Well, that changed a few weeks ago. We went to a place about 45 minutes from us with my husband's cousin.

OMGosh it was delicious. What I really enjoyed was the rice and carrots. They were so sweet, like candy.

I figured I could replicate them and I did. We loved them so much I made them twice yesterday. For lunch and supper. Oh yeah that good!

Sweet Carrot Rounds
2 cups  sliced carrots
water
dash salt
2 tsp butter
2 tsp brown sugar

In a sauce pan, place carrots and just cover with water. Place a lid on the pot and boil until the carrots are tender. Mine took 12 minutes. Drain the water and add the butter and brown sugar. Stir well and return the pot to the burner but make sure it is OFF. Allow them to set for a few minutes.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment